Thursday, June 7, 2012


Best Sci-Fi Spoofs

With the announcement that former members of Monty Python are reuniting for a sci-fi movie spoof (please, please, please, and get sole holdout Eric Idle to join in), I started thinking how many laughs I've gotten from other humorous takes on the genre.  Here, in no particular order, are some faves:

Young Frankenstein


Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: Ah! Very good. Would you mind telling me whose brain I DID put in? 
Igor: Then you won't be angry?
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: I will NOT be angry.
Igor: Abby someone.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby someone. Abby who?
Igor: Abby... Normal.
Dr. Frederick Frankenstein: [pause, then] Abby Normal?

Spaceballs


Dark Helmet: You have the ring, and I see your Schwartz is as big as mine. Now let's see how well you handle it.

Galaxy Quest


Mmm…Monte Cristo

Mathesar: We have enjoyed preparing many of your esoteric dishes. Your Monte Cristo sandwich is a current favorite among the adventurous.

Mars Attacks


Grandma Florence Norris: They blew up Congress! Ha ha ha ha!

Something, Something, Something, Dark Side (and all the rest of the Family Guy/Star Wars parodies)


Luke/Chris: Echo-3 to Echo-7. Han old buddy, are you there?
Han/Peter: Luke, we talked about this. I changed my codename.
Luke/Chris: Oh, right. Echo-3 to Carlos Spiceyweener.
Han/Peter: Carlos Spiceyweener here.


No comments:

Post a Comment