Thursday, August 2, 2012

A Case of Ghost Envy


I’m such a big fan of the television show Ghost Hunters.  I’ve watched it since its very first episode.  And seeing TAPS investigate places nearby like St. Augustine’s lighthouse and Savannah, Georgia, is always a thrill.  I think, ‘Wow, they were practically in my backyard!’  And I wish I could meet them.  Geek girl alert!

One of my favorite episodes was when TAPS investigated the U.S.S. North Carolina, a battleship in permanent dock as a museum in Wilmington, N.C.  I’m a native of North Carolina, and I’ve visited Wilmington and the battleship a number of times.  I’d never heard of it being haunted, but the Ghost Hunters found plenty to scratch their heads over on that little trip.

Then a short time ago, my cousin Debi who lives in Wilmington and works at the local newspaper told me, “Oh yeah, I was there.  The guys were really cool!  Steve (one of the investigators) took a lot of time to talk with me.  Super nice guy.”

Oh, evil envy.  How it reared its ugly head at that moment.  Debi not only got to interview members of TAPS and take pictures, she even did a little investigating with them!  She saw and heard some really strange stuff, which she told me about with unmitigated glee.  Some people have all the luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment